March 19, 2014

Papaya Heaven...

One of my favourite colors from Tanis Fiber Arts is Papaya. It was part of last years Year in Color Club in the Red Label base. I love the base but it's a 1 ply and I'm not too keen on 1 plies even though I LOVE how soft it is. So it sat in my spare room on a shelf while I waited for that project that would do the yarn justice. 


Well... A couple weeks ago I litterally fell in love with mrsmommy's French Cancan. Since the Blogger App refuses to let me link it the web address is below: 

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mrsmommy/french-cancan 

She made it with 2 skeins of Red Label. As soon as I saw it i just knew it would be rediculously soft and I felt that 'click' in my mind. 

The perfect match 'click'. 

I was able to find another skein of Papaya in the Tanis Fiber Arts ISO thread on Ravelry. Which totally made my day!! 

I know I have an obligatory project that I need to get done but SERIOUSLY ... how could I delay any longer? Everytime I looked at those 2 skeins I had a compulsive need to cast on a Cancan for myself. It was extremely HARD to hold out for what seemed like FOREVER... But in reality was probaly more like 4-5 days. So yesterday I gave in and casted on. I am totally LOVING it so far :-)


Pattern : French Cancan by Mademoiselle C


It's getting hard to put it down. I'm going to have to impose some knitting time on my obliglatory knitting project first before I can reward myself with knitting in my Papaya Cancan ;-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment