January 26, 2015

6 cookies GONE...

It feels like I've been working on this sweater forever but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! 



It still looks like a giant puddle, but I'm working on the second sleeve. The sleeve is halfway done and I'm so happy I got the decreases figured out on this sweater. The original pattern is a short sleeve sweater and I've got some mods going on on this sweater. I've ripped out the sleeves twice to get them right so it appears that third time is the charm :-) Once this sleeve is done I can get going on the shawl collar. I'm hoping that that will be easier. 

On a positive super yummy note, I found my Baba's Coconut Oatmeal Cookies recipe at my parents house when we had coffee this morning. These were my ultimate favourite cookies as a child and they came out super well! 



I've already eaten 6 out of the 12 from the first batch from the oven. Since I want to spread the love, here's the recipe :-) :

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies:
1 cup margarine
2 1/2 cups of brown sugar
Pinch of salt
3 eggs
2 cups of flour
2 cups of oats
1 cup of unsweetened coconut
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda

Mix all the ingredients together. Chill for about an hour. Roll 1 tsp of dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Then bake at 325 degrees in the oven for 10 minutes. Cool. Enjoy :-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment