January 01, 2018

Happy New Year!!

Every year I struggle with coming up with a New Years Resolution. Most years I choose not to have one. It adds extra pressure to accomplish something 😂 

-Losing weight. No way. If eating the food I want when I’m hungry keeps me happy, then I guess I’m going to be 10-20lbs overweight 😂 Love handles are in right 😂

-Getting more fit. Takes away from my knitting time and if there’s one think I hate, it’s running. I only run when someone is chasing me. My idea of stress relief is knitting with a coffee/tea/wine/whiskey. Maybe a couple pieces of chocolate. Obviously the wine/whiskey if for after the kiddos go to bed for the night 😆

- Knitting goals. Nope. I have knitting ADHD and have a hard time focusing on 1 Project for a long period of time. I usually have anywhere up to 10 WIPs in the go at any given time. 

The only goal I’ve decided to put in place is to have more Family Outings with my Husband and Kiddos. It’s too easy to stay home and relax but then we’re not doing the Family Bonding thing and that’s how memories are created. Plus 99.9% of the time it’s fun 😄 

There’s always the time when you realize, “now I know what my parents went through on Family Outings”. Or, “now I know why my dad was so grouchy on Family Outings” 😆. Which is bound to happen when you have 2 kiddos fighting in the back seat. Even on the Outings where I was emotionally spent after, they were funny or positive memories! 

So that’s my goal for 2018! 

There will also be a couple business goals I’ll have for myself but I consider that a business plan for 2018 and basically it just gives me a general direction for my business. There will be a few things discontinued and refining a few other things but, overall, Prairie Dye Studio will remain the same. 

I’ll be doing 4 events a year and my updates will happen sporadically. If I sew up some bags they’ll be listed. If I Dye up some skeins, all the skeins will be listed. 

I’ve been experientating with new dyeing techniques, so some old colorways will be updated sometime this year. 

Thanks so much for your support and understanding ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment