February 02, 2014

3 down, 1 to go...

As you've probably figured out from the title, I've finished my 3rd Sunnyside baby cardi :-) I love how it looks but I'm a bit torn about the yarn. I originally got this yarn as part of the 2012 Woolen Rabbit Yarn Club. I love the depth of color in this skein but I'm not too keen on the base. It's a 2 ply yarn with thick and thin sections throughout. It's not totally noticeable once washed and blocked. Overall, I didn't enjoy knitting with it but I liked it once it was washed. It bloomed nicely and was soft to the touch. Which is quite a contradiction for me.

Anyways, I was quite worried that I would run out of yarn. I had finished the yoke and took a good look at what was left of my ball of yarn. It wasn't much at the time. So I decided to finish the sleeves first then use whatever yarn was left for the body. It would either work out to my favor or this poor baby would have a crop sweater. Which I was pretty sure wouldn't be well received by the mom. So.... I was very pleased that I had JUST enough yarn. I was sweating bullets while I was casting off. Seeing the yarn dwindle down to almost nothing. I was so happy when the last stitch was casted off and my plan worked in my favor.I literally only had about 6" left of it once I casted off.

Pattern : Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee
Yarn : Woolen Rabbit Oasis in Violette (a 2012 club colorway)

Then I casted on another Sunnyside ;-) This ones going to be different though, No lace or cables. Just basic stockinette to focus all the attention on the stripes. So I guess it's loosely based on the pattern.


I'm not sure if I'm going to use all the colors in the picture but I'll fly by the seat of my pants and see how it looks once I start knitting. I'm using some misc Louet Gems yarns I got in a grab bag I bought from Paradise Fibers. They no longer sell the Louet Gem Grab Bag. Some of the yarns are sport and some of them are fingering. I'm going to make them work. I've got to get cracking on knitting since I'm suppose to be casting on my Ravellenics Projects with the Tanis Fiber Arts group.

Time to drink some tea and get knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment