May 27, 2014

FO : School Boy Vest

I was so excited when the Lucky Penny Baby collection was released in March. I was immediately contemplating color combos. I really wanted to splurge and get enough Tanis Fiber Arts yarn to make the whole collection but being a stay at home mom it wasn't in the budget. Boo!! So I tossed the stash a bit and found some Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK. I had bought it on impulse from The Crafty Lady in Lacombe a LONG while ago, and it seemed to work for this project :-) 


Yarn : Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK in 127, 155 & 147


I like how the green and sapphire blue offset each other well but I'm not too keen on the pale blue. I don't hate the combo but I don't totally love it. The yarn is super soft and it did stretch a bit when it was drying. Mostly because I resorted to the "cheating method" to get it to dry. 


I disliked how long it took the yarn to dry. It seemed to hold the water really well even after I rolled it into a towel and squeezed it. This is why I resorted to trying the "cheating method". I knew there was a good possibility that it would stretch, considering it's 80% bamboo, but I was willing to take the chance. After all, it was laid flat to dry for just over a day prior and it was still damp. It took the better part of a day to get it completely dry after I had the fan blowing on it constantly.

Overall, I loved the pattern. I have enough yarn to make a matching Frosted Alpine Hat. Which will make a darling combo! I'm hoping that there will be a boy born in my extended family in the next year so I can gift them this set :-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment