July 20, 2014

Beautiful Skeins...

I've been on a crazy spinning kick the last week! It's just so relaxing. I can't help myself :-)

That corridale / alpaca fiber became the beautiful worsted skein below! That's 420 yards of squishy handspun. I'm not sure what I'm going to knit it into but it was so much fun to spin!



I also spun this gorgeous braid :-) The colorway is Spring Has Sprung by Be Bold My Love  Sadly this Etsy shop hasn't been updated in a long while. I bought 2 braids in 2012 and I was hoping to buy some more but I guess it's just not in the cards :-(



This is the end result:

120 yards of an Aran weight yarn. I decided to do a 3 ply yarn for the majority of this braid. It consists of 2 plies of the Spring Has Sprung Merino and 1 ply of a undyed Peruvian Wool. 



I had a bit of Corridale left over so I plied the remaining corridale with 2 plies of the Spring Has Sprung. It resulted in 46 yards of an Aran weight yarn. I think it would look fabulous with the previous yarn in a project :-)



I then had a bit left of the Spring Has Sprung left on the bobbin so I decided to experiment a bit and do a 2 ply with the Peruvian Wool. I got 26 yards of a DK yarn. Which I really liked!! I love this colorway!



Last up, I had some Kool-Aid left on another bobbin previously so I spun it up with the remaining Peruvian Wool. Below is 38 yards of an Aran weight yarn. 



Currently I'm spinning the last stashes braid of Be Bold My Love  :-( This colorway is Prairie Spring  I'm so sad. I really love both of these Be Bold My Love colorways.



I haven't taken any pictures of the partially filled bobbin I've spun up with this braid yet. But it looks very pretty :-) Hopefully next post!

Happy Knitting / Spinning :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment