November 22, 2014

A Cute Little Fox :-)

Growing up my cousin was my best friend. There's only 7 months between us so we grew up together. We were constantly chatting, having sleep overs and confessing out crushes to each other. There were a lot of fun times. A lot of memories that I look back on now with fondness :-) As we grew older, each of us took our path and kept in touch. We started our families :-) 

It's amazing that her daughter is 1 year old already! I had knit her 2 Sunnysides in Garnet just over a year ago when we were waiting or her to be born. It's crazy how time flies. 



Isn't she just the cutest!

So when I asked what Marabel needed for her birthday, my cousin asked for a knitted mitten and toque set in garnet. She had loved the sweaters I knit her and wanted it to match. 

It didn't take me long to find a suitable mitten and toque pattern. I fell in love with Foxy Wolfie & the Fox Mittens patterns. So I ordered a skein of Tanis Fiber Arts Green Label in Garnet and Natural. 

It took me a couple days to knit. Not because the patterns were difficult but I had to do a bit of thinking and decifering with the Fox Mittens pattern. I knit then ripped out. Then did it again. I had to take a quick break then come back to it. Like half a day break. But once I figured it out I banged out the mittens pretty quickly. You can check out my projects page to see what minor mods I did on the Foxy Wolfie toque. Nothing major but it makes the 3 needle bind off look way better down the road.



The set turned out super cute :-) I'm very pleased with them! I hope they are well received! 

The only minor thing that happened was that when I threw them in the wash some of the red from the garnet bled onto the white. I fixed that though. I just threw it in the washing machine again with a bit of Synthrapol and half a cup of bleach and it cleaned up the natural yarn quite well. 

My daughter might be in need of a new toque now! I should have enough of the garnet left for another toque yet :-)

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment