November 17, 2014

FO : Lady Sunnyside

Over the years my go to pattern for baby gifts is Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee  It's simple yet has just enough detail so it keeps your attention. I've knit 6 so far!



Sooooo... I was super pumped when I saw that Tanis was making an adult version of her Sunnyside sweater! I saw this photo and I was super psyched! I patiently waited for the pattern to come out. It seemed like forever. Then when it came out I was beyond excited that she offered it for FREE the first week! So I immediately downloaded it and started contemplating yarn choices. 

I decided on Tanis Fiber Arts Green Label in Truffle. It was beyond perfect :-) I also joined the Lady Sunnyside KAL in the Tanis Fiber Arts Ravelry Group  I wasn't able to finish it in the time allotted but I'm just happy that I was able to get some selfish knitting in for myself ;-) It is beyond perfect!



The only minor modifications I made were: 
- I casted on 8 stitches for the underarm portion which is for the largest size not for the size I knit. Then I would get a little more room for my arms. Then I knit according to the pattern.
- I finished the increase section for tr waist shaping. Then worked straight until it reached my hips in length. I then added 2 more increase repeats so it would fit over my bum. Then I worked straight until I was happy with the extra length.

Not much for mods. I like my sweaters a bit longer so they fit over my bum :-)

I love this sweater and it bloomed out wonderfully when I washed it and dried it. I also found the most beautiful and perfect buttons for it from Chasing Fire Studios while I was at the Calgary Fibre Arts Fair

I was so glad that I was able to knit myself something because from now until Christmas it's crunch time to get all my Christmas knitting done! I have everything planned but we'll see if I can get it all done. 

XX Fingers Crossed XX

Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment