November 19, 2014

Ombre Revisited...

My Ombré has been completed since 2012. It's been worn many times and is perfect to wear with a tank top and a pair of jeans. This was the first sweater I knit from lace weight yarn and I loved the light lofty feel of the fabric. It's the perfect sweater to wear when I need a lighter sweater to wear.

The funny thing is that I never added buttons to it since it's completion. I had several options but none seemed right, or I didn't have enough of one type for the sweater. I decided to remedy that a couple weeks ago. I was searching for buttons for my Lady Sunnyside when I remembered I still needed buttons for my Ombré  Then I immediately remembered these beautiful glass flower buttons I bought years ago. I had disregarded them because I didn't have enough. I pulled them out of the button jar and took a look of how they would look on the sweater. 



They were perfect! Although I was short 1 button. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to find the same button anymore. I had boughten them on Etsy about 2 years ago. What are the odds that the shop is still open it if they still have this exact button?

Pretty good, apparently. 

I was able to buy another set of the exact buttons and they arrived within about 10 days :-) As soon as I got them they were sewn on. 


Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Pink Label in Sand and Velvet Chocolate OOAK

They are beyond perfect! I'm so happy with the overall look :-)


Happy Knitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment