July 14, 2016

The Knitting Room 😍😍

I've been wanting to pop into the NEW Knitting Room ever since I've started having chats with Helena about introducing my yarn there. I had never been to their new location and honestly it's been a while since I've been in a yarn store πŸ˜‰ Being a stay at home mom on a slim budget it's not conducive to spend lots of time in a yarn store πŸ˜‚ Anyway, my husband and I were looking at getting a Newer used vehicle and popped into Calgary on a whim to check out a few dealerships. It was the perfect time to stop in after all the frustration of car shopping. 

The Knitting Room is located in the Mall attached to the Safeway on 3630 Brentwood Road NW in Calgary, Alberta. As soon as I saw it in the mall I thought it was a beautiful yarn shop 😍

 

Like how gorgeous is this shop!

 

Inside there's lots of cubbies filled with yarn and my Prairie heart is warmed just looking at the home feel you get from her shop!

 

There's a couple comfy chairs visitors can knit in and there is a Starbuck's just a little ways down in the mall. So you could pick up your favourite latte and pop in for a few rows and a chat πŸ˜‰ There's also a larger table behind the chairs if you wanted to work larger projects or visit with a larger group!

 
 
My OCD heart is singing just looking at this immaculate wall of yarn 😍 She carries many mainstream sock yarns from the major yarn companies and what I consider Workhorse yarns 😍 I use workhorse yarns for all my normal projects that I knit everyday. She also carries Handmaiden and Fleece Artist for that special project!

And of course Prairie Dye Studio yarns!!

 

I can tell it's been picked over ALOT from the first stocking! There are a few skeins left and I'm hoping to restock in about 2-3 weeks, unless stock gets VERY SLIM in the next little while. Then I'll be there sooner! Helena currently carries some MCN Lace, SW Lace, BFL Silk Fingering, BFL Sock and Anna's Sock! So if you would like to check out my yarns in person head over to The Knitting Room and have a look and a feel πŸ˜„

 

Check out all the Fleece Artist on that rack 😍


Helena has gorgeous samples displayed throughout the store!

 
 
I love these mittens 😍

 

A beyond inspiring color work shawl!!

 

Some super cute knit plushies!!

 

I loved this display!! If I could steal that wooden case, I would!! With no remorse πŸ˜‚

 

And how gorgeous is this yarn bowl? I have a deep love for orange and I kept telling myself, "you don't need another yarn bowl!" But really does need have anything to do with it? πŸ˜‚ Someone save my wallet and buy it before the next time I get there πŸ˜‰❤️

I was super good and ONLY bought 1 skein of yarn. Now to everyone that's not sure what I consider workhorse yarn:

 

This is a skein of Cascade Heritage Wave. It's a 75/25 wool nylon mix and I have knit this brand of yarn many times and it's soft and super durable. It's a good example of mainstream yarn that is esthetic ally beautiful yet budget conscious! This is what Helena specializes in. Having budgetconscious yarns for everyday projects AND that special yarn for that special project 😍

I had a fabulous time visiting and taking photos! I had an awesome little helper while I was taking photos πŸ˜„ There was a darling little girl that had to be about 4-5 that was showing me the best angles to take photos and I have to admit, she was right πŸ˜‰ 

Pop into The Knitting Room and have a wonderful chat with Helena πŸ˜„ I wish I had a yarn store like this a little closer to home😍

Happy Shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment